Friday, September 12, 2008

In Zorn We Trust?


I've been avoiding talking about last weeks Giants game pretending it didn't happen.

I've blocked out the fact that the Skins were embarrassed on National Television.

I'm ignoring the fact that Zorn didn't have the team in a hurry up offense being down by 2 scores with only 6 minutes left in the game.

I'm going to assume that Zorn can add and he understands that this isn't MTV Rock and Jock Football with the Special 50pt Touchdown in the last 2 minutes of the game.

I'm hoping that I heard wrong about when Zorn was asked earlier this week why he didn't use a No-Huddle Offense. If my sources are correct Zorn's answer to that question was apparently because he didn't want to give the ball back to the Giants after we score with to much time on the clock.

Zorn just got his cherry popped last Thursday at the expense of all Redskin fans and at the expense of the team. The whole world knew it was his coaching debut and his first time calling plays. If they didn't know from the pregame comments they knew from his actions on the sideline and the plays he had Campbell run.

I'm going to give the man that thought our team colors were Maroon and Black the benefit of the doubt.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
The Giants were 0-2 and still won the Superbowl last year.
Joe Gibbs was 0-5 in his 1st year coaching and he won 3 championships.
I can go on and on with stats and cliches about why last weeks game shouldn't matter so that's why I'm going to pretend it didn't happen. As far as I'm concerned, we only play a 15 game season.

I'm a Redskin Fan regardless of who the owner is and who the coach is. I will stick by this team through the good times and the bad (Spurrier years) but all I ask is don't make it embarrassing to be a Redskin fan. Play with some heart and with some Passion and go out there and knock someone on their a$$ this Sunday.

I still have faith in Jim Zorn. I still trust that he knows what he's doing. I believe he can turn this offense around and that Jason Campbell will eventually resemble Doug Williams, the man whose number he currently wears. The only other good thing I can say about Jim Zorn is at least he's not Jim Fassel

No comments: