Friday, August 29, 2008

I miss Ade Jimoh!

I never thought the day would come where I would ever say these 4 words.


"I miss Ade Jimoh"


If you were a Skins fan from 2003 - 2005 you know who Ade Jimoh is and how bad he was at CB. The only reason he ever made the team was because he was good on special teams.


I would kill to have Ade back if we can get rid of Justin Tryon. I was at the game last night and our D played like crap. We couldn't generate any kind of pass rush upfront. If it was 3rd and long all the Jaguars did was throw to who ever Tryon was covering and it was a guaranteed 1st down. I understand he is a rookie and he was playing against some Veteran WRs but Tryon got beat like he stole something.

SI.com rates each player in the draft and their Negatives on Tryon were that he was "Not a physically strong defensive back and loses out to large receivers. Struggles making plays with his back to the ball." I understand that one of the main reason we drafted Tryon was because he was a Track Superstar but those skills don't always translate to the field.

The NFL is a copycat league and everyone is drafting bigger taller receivers after they saw what Plexiglass did for the Giants. Tryon is only 5'9 and I don't think he's going to go through another growth spurt anytime soon. If this kid doesn't show a dramatic improvement I say we cut his ass and see if we can get Ade back from the Patriots.

No comments: