Sunday, November 2, 2008

Are YOU Ready for some Football?

It's the night before one of the biggest games at Fedex Field and I know I'm not going to get any sleep at all. Tomorrow the Redskins #2 rushing attack will face the Steelers #1 Defense. This week we find out what this team is truly made of.
Will Portis and the Dirtbags rise to the occasion? Or will the Steel Curtain Defense of Pittsburgh put a stop to Portis' 5 game streak of 120+ yards or more a game. If I was a betting man I would go with option number one but the one thing I never gamble on is my Skins.

All week long I've been quietly listening to various Steelers fans spout of statistics about how good their team is on Monday night.

Idiot #1, "We've won 18 games in a row on Monday Night." Idiot #2, "On paper the Steelers are hands down better then the Skins." Idiot #3, "Fast Willie is back you guys better watch out."

The idiotic rants go on and on. Each time I heard a meaningless stat or an asinine comment I cried a little inside for these vagabond fans.

Why is it that so many Steeler fans leave their awesome team and town behind for parts unknown?

I'll tell you why. It's because they realized that their franchise got lucky being in one the of crappiest divisions in football and they wanted to move away and see how a real team plays. If the Redskins got to play the Ravens, Browns and Bengals twice a year we would have over 18 Division Championships and 24 playoff berths in our team history also but we don't.

The Redskins are arguably in the toughest division of the NFL. The Giants are 7-1. The Eagles are 5-3 and the Cowboys... well lets keep them out of this.

Big Ben has played horribly against the NFC East this year throwing only 1 TD so far. He has a cumulative QB rating of 44.5 in his 2 games vs the Giants and the Eagles and he's thrown 5 INTs. Roethlisberger has been sacked 23 times so far this season and he's practically falling apart at the seams.

If the Skins are going to win this game tomorrow night they need to clock Ben repeatedly (I know I'm corny). The Steelers have 3 new offensive lineman protecting him and if there was ever a game for Andre Carter and Demetric Evans to wreak some havoc it will be tomorrow night. If the Redskins want to take the leap from a Good Team to a Great Team they can do it center stage on National Television Monday night.

I don't know about you but I'm ready for some FOOTBALL.



No comments: